Friday, November 03, 2006

Who Am I?

I leave my wife and family for a year at a time to go overseas, but not on vacation.
I try to assist people who speak a foreign language, worship a different god, have never experienced freedom and democracy in their lifetimes, and have never met me.

I was angry on September 11, 2001, because the terrorists killed the wrong people.
Michael Moore says they were the wrong people to die because they didn’t vote for President Bush.
I say they were the wrong people to die because protecting them is my job. The terrorists were cowardly and ruthless as they killed my civilians. God help me if I let that happen again.

I have faced mortar fire, small arms fire, and bombs have exploded beside my vehicle as I drove. Some of my fellow Americans appreciate my contributions thus:
In 1972, John Kerry wrote that if my organization were all-volunteer, we would be disproportionately, “the poor and the black and the brown…” and that I would commit war crimes routinely.
Senator Durbin compared me to Nazis or torturers from Pol Pot’s regime, who wiped out ¼ of Cambodia’s population.
Senator Kennedy said that my comrades acted like the torturers of Saddam Hussein’s regime. He has yet to produce evidence of rape rooms.
Johns Hopkins University produced a “study” accusing me of causing 600,000 murders in three years, with a margin of error of 400,000, under the assumption that no one ever got murdered before my arrival.
Seymour Hersh told a crowd of college students in Montreal, Canada on November 2, 2006, that my organization is the most violent and murderous in the history of the American nation.

All of these statements are lies, distortions, slanders, or plainly sloppy work, but not one of these speakers has been stifled. No government raids, threats of revenge or reprisal or unreasonable searches have disturbed these citizens to change their opinions by force. This is America and speech and the press are free of government suppression.

I am black, brown, white, red, and yellow, but I do not see my racial diversity as a bad thing. Green is the only color I see.

I am an American Soldier. If you are an American, my job is to protect you. First you, then my Army comrades, then all other civilians in the world.

If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you can read it in English and have enjoyed five years without terrorist attacks,

You’re Welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home